April 7, 2011

Springtime Table Top Ideas


My nesting birds vignette got asked to go to a party! 
 A friend of mine had agreed to hostess a table at her
 church's ladies dinner and she needed a centerpiece
 for her table.  I offered her my birds and their 
nests and she accepted.

  Here is what the birds looked like at my house...
... here is my post about the vignette...Springtime Nesting

...and here are the birds and their nests at the ladies' dinner...

I like the way she added the spanish moss around the birds.
  It's almost like all the birds are in a larger nest.

Here are some more pictures of her centerpiece... 




The whole fellowship hall at her church was filled with
 other tables (I think I heard 60 in all) that other ladies
 in the church were hostessing.
  "Hostessing" involves not only the centerpiece but
 also bringing all the china, silverware, glasses, 
placecards, etc. that will be at "your" table. 



I went to the church the afternoon of the event to take pictures 
of other table tops to share with you.


The name of the event was "Teacups, Tulips and Tutus"
 (I'm not sure if there is some significance or what that 
means if anything) but some hostesses carried it out
 in their centerpieces...
Who knew you could find bunny rabbits in tutus?

This next table was done by a very creative lady who
painted the canvas tablecloth and chair covers...





I am loving green jars right now.  This one was very pretty...

Check out the table "cloth" on this table...

This table smelled divine with the rosemary in the silver 
julep cups.  I overheard that the governor's wife was going
 to be sitting at this table for the event.

Note the clever way this hostess used a vase within a vase
 to hold the tulips away from the candy.

This hostess also used candy on her table.  The cupcake 
stand in the center will have the cupcakes added
 closer to dinner time.



The bunnies on this table reminded me of the hydrangea
 paper punch eggs I have seen on several blogs...



About half the tables used flowers as the main centerpiece...









Here is a close-up of the little silver goblet holding 
an egg shell with a azalea bloom in it.


The hostess that did the painted canvas tablecloth and
chair covers earlier in this post also did a more colorful
 table setting for another table.  Here are the painted 
canvas chair covers she did along with the take-out
 containers holding flowers pinned on the back.  


This tablescape was beside the speaker's chair on the stage.

And last but not least, a centerpiece celebrating the
 reason for our Easter season...

I hope that these lovely tables at the church dinner will
give you some ideas for Spring table settings at your home!

18 comments

  1. Beautiful tabletops. Thanks for sharing these ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are all so pretty those ladies are really a talented bunch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All beautiful tablescapes! All so different and creative. I'm loving all the tulips. Thank you so much for sharing this beautiful post at my Sat Night Spotlight party! Always glad to meet talented new bloggers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How PRETTY!!! So many wonderful and inspiring Easter tablescapes!! Easter blessing to you!

    :D Lynda

    ReplyDelete
  5. This must have been so nice to see--I'm going to a tablescape fundraiser soon and I can't wait! I will try to take pics too to post. The dishes your friend used are beautiful, as is the black and yellow table! Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my, so many beautiful tabelescapes. I love how she used your little birds and nests. Such a lovely centerpiece. Every one of the tables are wonderful. Thanks so much for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely! I'm your newest follower.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such pretty center pieces - all of them! xoxo, tracie

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a treat to see all these wonderful tables! Thank you I like the one bunny in the tutu style skirt.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love all the great centerpieces and table settings. Great ideas for spring. Thanks for sharing with us.
    Happy Easter.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow...awesome tables! Enjoy visiting each one, they were all beautifully done. Enjoyed your post, looking forward to more. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! So many beautiful tablescape! Enjoy each and every one..thanks for sharing :)

    Sanghamitra.
    http://rainbow-thecoloursofindia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Many great ideas! Fabulous centerpieces!

    Hugs
    Charo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! So much fun decor. I love your birds & nests!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What an exciting event. Got to see so many new ideas. Love the bird theme.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a treat to see so many creative tables!. I love your bird nests vignette. Your friend created a fabulous centerpiece using them. Her table is absolutely gorgeous.

    Thanks so much for sharing!
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  17. A collection of truly lovely tablescapes. Thank you for sharing them. Cherry Kay

    ReplyDelete

Thank you SO MUCH for taking the time to comment on my blog!

© Miss Kopy Kat. Design by FCD.