April 14, 2015

Make A Candy Bouquet In A Coffee Cup

Pick a themed cup to make the perfect base as the holder
for a candy bouquet in a coffee cup. It would be the perfect
for Mother's Day, Father's Day, teacher's gifts or any occasion.

It's like two gifts in one...the candy AND the coffee cup.

You can personalize a plain coffee cup with a special 
saying that you like, a name, an initial or a cute design
to make it even more special.
There are further directions later in the post about how to make the design 
you do yourself  last through dishwashings.

In addition to a coffee cup you will need candy, clear
tape, wooden skewers and foam. 

Since a coffee cup is relatively small, you can get by
with putting small (and less expensive) candy in them.
These candies came from a bag of miniature candies.

Although if you want to use full-sized candy, the 
weight of the cup will support those too. 
This red pot (from Dollar Tree) is not officially a coffee cup but it is ceramic and
has about the weight of a coffee cup...it just doesn't have a handle. 

Use clear tape to attach the candy bar on to the skewer.
Wooden skewers can be found in different sizes in the kitchen aisle of most grocery stores.
A craft stick (like a popsicle stick) or candy sticks (in the cake/candy section at craft stores) can be also.

If you want to hide the skewer on a candy bar, pull up
the flap on the back, place the skewer along the fold,
and tape it down securely. Then pull the flap over the
skewer and take the flap down. 

The larger the candy, the larger the skewer you will need.


Really small candies can be used as "fillers" and taped
on to a toothpick even. I have also used these plastic cocktail
"forks" I happened across at Dollar Tree to tape candy on.

You can use floral foam (usually it is green) or styrofoam
inside of the coffee cup to hold up the candies on skewers. 
These foams came from the floral aisle at Dollar Tree.
 The floral foam is easier to cut to size, the styrofoam (above, white) is harder to cut but sturdier.

Cut the foam to fit as snug in the cup as possible. 
You might need to "whittle" the bottom of the foam some
 to fit the narrower bottom of the cup. 
.
If you are making a lot of these at one time, you might
consider spray foam to save money on foam. It is trickier 
to use than pre-made foam but if you want to see more
info on using it click on 
"Using Spray Foam In Candy Bouquets".

When you are pushing the skewered candy into the foam,
push on the stick and not the candy. The candy might pop
off of the stick if too much pressure is applied to it.

If you want to hide the foam or just add some more interest
 to the candy bouquet, you can use crinkly basket filler or
these paper "fluffs". The "fluffs" can be made with tissue
paper, paper napkins or even cupcake papers.

Cut the tissue paper or napkins into small-ish squares.
This napkin from the Dollar Tree had squares already mapped out for me.
If a napkin is two-ply and the second ply is white, you might want to pull it off to keep the fluff colorful.

Pinch the paper square in the middle and make a "stem".
Tape the stem in place. Fluff the remainder of the square
upwards to make it almost like an opening flower. 

You can push the "fluff" in between the cup and foam or
you can tape the "fluff" onto a toothpick by the "stem" and 
push it directly into the foam. 

If you want to see more ideas of how to embellish  the top
 of your candy bouquet or hide the foam, click on this link
"Decorative Fillers For Candy Bouquets".

I did some research on Pinterest and it seems that if you 
want to personalize your coffee cup yourself, you need to
use an OIL-BASED pen to keep your design from coming 
off in the dishwasher. (Who wants to hand-wash? Not me.)

 I could not find an oil-based Sharpie but I did find oil-based
 paint pens at Michaels. They were about $5 each...you
could use discount coupons if you have them. 
You don't have to use two colors or colors at all...black would work well too. 

Although I did practice using the oil-based paint pens
before writing on the white coffee cups, I don't like how
my writing turned out. You can probably do better than me.


I wish I had seen this tutorial by Cassie at
Pink Heels Pink Truck blog about how to transfer a 
saying onto a mug before drawing mine on. 
painting on coffee mugs for your coffee cup candy bouquet.

Even though I probably won't give my "less than perfect"
hand-written coffee cup candy bouquets to anyone else,
I will enjoy reading the sentiments myself in the mornings.

I'm gonna put them out there anyway... (cringe)....
to show the candy placement, etc....

Here are some other candy bouquet coffee cups
with professional designs on them...

Depending on where you buy your coffee cups and
how much you want to spend on candy, these candy
bouquets can cost as little as $3 each...and up from there.

Folks will love getting these two-gifts-in-one
from you!

If you want to see ideas for candy bouquets
click on this highlighted link
"Make Candy Bouquets In Lots Of Ways".


18 comments

  1. This is an awesome motivating article.I am practically satisfied with your great work.You put truly extremely supportive data. Keep it up. Continue blogging. Hoping to perusing your next post travel mug

    ReplyDelete
  2. It has fully emerged to crown Singapore's southern shores and undoubtedly placed her on the global map of residential landmarks. I still scored the more points than I ever have in a season for GS. I think you would be hard pressed to find somebody with the same consistency I have had over the years so I am happy with that. what did lovecraft name his cat

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely enjoying every little bit of it and I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post. how many ounces in a quarter cup

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really nice and interesting post. I was looking for this kind of information and enjoyed reading this one. Keep posting. Thanks for sharing. alpha testing meaning

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a very useful article. Very interesting to read this article.I would like to thank you for the efforts you had made for writing this awesome article. how can i thicken mashed potatoes

    ReplyDelete
  6. I should assert barely that its astounding! The blog is informational also always fabricate amazing entitys. Specialty coffee

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw, this was a really nice post. In idea I would like to put in writing like this additionally – taking time and actual effort to make a very good article… but what can I say… I procrastinate alot and by no means seem to get something done. Buy Real YouTube Views cheap

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is my first time visiting here, and I found so much interesting stuff in your blog, especially its discussion. buy organic Instagram followers

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a great article and great read for me. It's my first visit to your blog, and I have found it so useful and informative especially this article. buy YouTube Views cheap

    ReplyDelete
  10. and NOT British - individuals during British pilgrim times (what it was and is) does truly not make any difference much - on the off chance that anything by any stretch of the imagination - in light of the fact that the reality stays that 'tea' has after some time (box all the Bamar/Burman realms yixing teapot

    ReplyDelete
  11. Furthermore, incidentally, tea is generally inebriated for breakfast and in lesser amounts during daytime; in the evening it's for the most part brew and alcohol that the tea shop visitors are drinking. tea pots sets

    ReplyDelete
  12. I wanted to thank you for this excellent read!! I definitely loved every little bit of it. I have you bookmarked your site to check out the new stuff you post. stojo cup to buy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, cool post. I'd like to write like this too - taking time and real hard work to make a great article... but I put things off too much and never seem to get started. Thanks though. stojo cup

    ReplyDelete
  14. Appreciate it for this post, I am a big fan of this website would like to continue updated. what is americano

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very interesting blog. Alot of blogs I see these days don't really provide anything that I'm interested in, but I'm most definately interested in this one. Just thought that I would post and let you know. florisis

    ReplyDelete
  16. https://dynamichealthstaff.com/staff-nurse-vacancy-in-dubai Weddings today are such a massive expense, and seem to be an excuse for retailers to add a series of noughts to their normal pricing. So it was that when my daughter announced her forth-coming wedding at a time when my money pot was empty, and I was passed the challenge of arranging everything.

    ReplyDelete
  17. The writing style effectively caters to both experts and those new to the subject matter. MOT MY VAN Farnborough

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hello my friend! I want to say that this post is amazing
    Your blog is trully helping i really exited .
    TESLATOTO is a good site without using vpn. They serve more than a hundred slot game and with a minumum SLOT DEPOSIT 5000.
    Teslatoto is a good site good for a good performa playing daring game online.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you SO MUCH for taking the time to comment on my blog!

© Miss Kopy Kat. Design by FCD.